This course is suited to a wide variety of work roles and industries. And also for those individuals who volunteer with organisations such as the CFA, Surf Lifesaving, and sporting clubs.
There are no formal prerequisites, however participants must be able to converse and comprehend basic English and have the physical capacity to meet the manual handling requirements of the course units.
- How the body moves
- Consequences of poor manual handling
- Types and characteristics of loads, clearances, routes and storage requirements
- Risk factors and common control measures
- Developing a relocation plan and process
- Relocating loads safely, includes team lifting
Attendance at a half day workshop
This highly interactive training program involves attendance and participation in a 4 hour workshop. Each workshop is facilitated by a member of our highly experienced training team in Melbourne, and includes trainer presentations, small group work and practical activities – so your participation will be required! Assessment will require satisfactory completion of a written test and a series of practical demonstrations.
Price: $160.00 per person – minimum of 7 students for course to run