Our Traffic Control Management/Refresher Course in Melbourne addresses the competency required to refresh your current ‘Control Traffic using a Stop-Slow Bat’ and/or ‘Implement Traffic Management Plans’ competency. It is highly recommended that you complete this refresher course every three years to keep your certificate current.
PLEASE NOTE: As of February 2014, Construction Training Group will NO longer offer Traffic Control/Management Refresher to the following codes:
- BCCCM2013C Control Traffic with a Stop-Slow Bat
- BCCCM3003C Implement a Traffic Management Plan
- 21783VIC Course in Traffic Control (Unit VBQU506 Use Stop Slow Bat to Control Traffic)
- 21784VIC Course in Traffic Management (Unit VBQU507 Implement Traffic Management Plans)
ONLY THE FOLLOWING CODES CAN BE ACCEPTED FOR THE REFRESHER TRAINING:
- RIIOHS205A Control Traffic with a Stop-Slow Bat
- RIIOHS302A Implement Traffic Management Plans
- RIIWHS205D Control Traffic with a Stop-Slow Bat
- RIIWHS302D Implement Traffic Management Plans
- Traffic Control and/or Traffic Management ticket, as listed above.
- Participants must be able to converse and comprehend basic English. Participants will complete language, numeracy and literacy assessment on course commencement to assess their capacity to meet language requirements.
About the course – Key topics
- Overview of OHS roles and responsibilities
- Site traffic management plans
- Hazard and risk management
- Principles of traffic controlling
- Working with road users
- Prepare to and implement traffic management plans
- Set up signage scheme
- Monitor traffic flow
- Close down
- Storage and maintenance of equipment and signage
The training program involves attendance and participation in 2×4 hour workshops. From 8am-12pm the Traffic Control component will be covered and from 1pm-4pm the Traffic Management component will be covered. Each workshop is facilitated by a member of our highly experienced training team in Melbourne, and includes trainer presentations, small group work and practical activities – so your participation will be required! Assessment will require satisfactory completion of a written test and a series of practical demonstrations.
Please note, you must bring your current Traffic Control/Management Ticket for us to verify.
Training Pathway: After achieving the Traffic Control/Management Refresher graduates may undertake RIICWD503D Prepare Work Zone Traffic Management Plans course.
Employment Pathway: On completing the Traffic Control/Management Refresher course graduates can continue operational roles within the civil construction, excavation, drilling and mining industries.
- This course is run at our Rowville training facility in Melbourne on a monthly basis. The course runs from 8am-12pm for Traffic Control and 1pm-4pm for Traffic Management.
- This course can also be run off=site, on request of the customer. Minimum numbers do apply. Please contact one of our friendly staff should this be of interest.
Traffic Control Refresher: $165.00 per person
Traffic Control/Management Refresher: $225.00 per person