This Traffic Control Course in Melbourne addresses the competency required to control traffic using a stop/slow bat to ensure the safety of construction and maintenance workers, and the general public. In acknowledgement of the dangerous nature of controlling traffic VicRoads requires all field personnel designated as a Traffic Controller to have completed the RIIWHS205D unit, and to undertake a refresher course every three years.
There are no prerequisites, however participants must be able to converse and comprehend basic English. Participants will complete language, numeracy and literacy assessment on course commencement to assess their capacity to meet language requirements.
It is highly recommended that you also complete RIIWHS302D Implement Traffic Management Plans to obtain work in the Traffic Control industry.
About the course – Key topics
- Overview of OHS roles and responsibilities
- Site traffic management plans
- Hazard and risk management
- Principles of traffic controlling
- Working with road users
The training program involves attendance and participation in an 8 hour workshop. Each workshop is facilitated by a member of our highly experienced training team in Melbourne, and includes trainer presentations, small group work and practical activities – so your participation will be required! Assessment will require satisfactory completion of a written test and a series of practical demonstrations. A 4 hour refresher workshop is also available, and recommended every three years.
Training Pathway: After achieving RIIWHS205D Control Traffic with Stop-Slow Bat graduates may undertake the Implement RIIWHS302D Implement Traffic Management Plan Course.
Employment Pathway: On completing, graduates will find themselves doing operational roles within the civil construction, excavation, drilling and mining industries.
- This course is run at our Rowville training facility in Melbourne on a weekly basis and at our Caroline Springs training facility once a month. The course runs from 8am-4pm and is a one day course.
- This course can also be run off=site, on request of the customer. Minimum numbers do apply. Please contact one of our friendly staff should this be of interest.
- The cost of this course is $230.00 per person
Incolink funding is also available upon requestClick here to Get more Information