Jet Ski and Boat Licence Course
As of December 18, 2017, anyone under the age of 16 won’t be eligible for a PWC endorsement until they are 16 years of age
Over 12 years of age and want a Marine Boat Licence?
Or if you’re wanting both Boat and Jetski, but only 15, you can sit both but only submit the Boat part of the certificate to VicRoads, then submit your PWC endorsment when you’re 16!
On completion of our Marine Boat & PWC Course in Melbourne you should have the necessary skills and knowledge to competently and safely operate a small vessel in sheltered waters. Construction Training Group will teach you all the rules and regulations you require …… then it’s time to sit your assessment! Once you successfully complete your boat safety course assessment, you will receive a certificate that is recognised by VicRoads who will issue your licence.
- Trip preparation and planning
- Safely operate a small mechanically powered vessel
- Respond to boating emergencies and incidents
- Personal Water Craft
The workshop in Melbourne is conducted over 4 hours and dates are run frequently.
Important Information: All participants must bring a photo licence or multiple evidence of identity.
Photo Licence: A photo licence means any Australian photo driver licence or photo learner permit which is current or expired by no more of 2 years.
Multiple Evidence of Identity: For transactions where multiple evidence of identity is required, it is necessary to provide:
- A primary evidence document (high quality evidence of who the applicant is)
- A secondary evidence document (to confirm the current use of the applicant’s name in the community),
- Evidence of change of name (where it differs between primary and secondary evidence documents)
Primary Evidence Documents:
- Australian Passport
- An overseas passport
- Australian birth certificate or change of name certificate issued by Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages. Birth extracts and Commemorative birth certificates are not accepted
- Change of name certificate issued by Register of Births, Deaths and Marriages
- A document of identity issued by the Passport Office (usually issued to travellers to Norfolk Island)
- Document of identity issued by the Australian Passport Office
- Australian police force officer or Australian Defence Force photo identity card (excluding civilian staff)
- Consular photo identity card issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Australian naturalization or citizenship document issued by the Department of Immigration
- Immigration papers (eg. Visa) issued by the Department of Immigration
- NSW Photo Card (issued by NSW RTA after 14th December 2005)
One of these documents that is current or expired by no more than two years:
- Australian defence force photo licence; or
- Victorian firearm photo licence
Secondary Evidence Documents
In addition to one of the above primary evidence documents the applicant must provide one secondary evidence document from the list below:
- Medicare Card
- Pensioner Concession card
- Department of Veterans Affairs Card
- Current entitlement card issued by the Commonwealth
- Student ID Card
- Credit Card or account card from a bank, building society or credit union
- State or federal government employee photo ID card
One of these documents that is current and no more than one year old:
- Passport or bank account statement
- Telephone, gas or electricity bill
One of these documents that is current or no more than two years old:
- Electoral enrolment card
- Armed services discharge papers
- Current Proof of Age card issued by Consumer Affairs Victoria
- Current Victorian Driving Authority Photo ID Card
At least one document must provide evidence of current address. If it does not, then a referee statement must be filled out, which can be supplied on the night but must be signed by someone who has known you for at least 12 years and has an Australian Drivers Licence.
Boat & PWC: $130.00 per person (Incl. GST)
Boat Only: $110.00 per person (Incl. GST)
PWC Only: $90.00 per person (Incl. GST)