This course addresses the competency required to prepare work zone traffic management plans in civil construction. This innovative course provides participants with the opportunity to utilise current industry computer software while learning. This 3 day course in Melbourne has been designed to be fully inclusive, with most participants able to complete all assessment requirements during course time. NO HOMEWORK!!
- A minimum 6 months current on the job experience as a Traffic Controller, Implementing Traffic Management Plans, or working within the Traffic industry.
- The ability to converse and comprehend basic English. Participants will complete language, numeracy and literacy assessment on course commencement to assess their capacity to meet language requirements.
- Basic computing skills
About the course – Key topics
- Work zone traffic management plan preparation on a live site
- Onsite observation, measurements, traffic conditions
- Determining plan options and costings
- Traffic Management Plan software
The training program involves attendance and participation in a 3 day workshop. Each workshop is facilitated by a member of our highly experienced training team, and includes trainer presentations, small group work and practical activities – so your participation will be required! Assessment will require satisfactory completion of a written test and major traffic plan project.
Training Pathway: After achieving RIICWD503D Prepare work zone traffic management plan graduates may undertake RIIWHS205D Control traffic with a stop-slow bat course.
Employment Pathway: Design roles within the civil construction and traffic management industries.
- This course is run at our Rowville training facility in Melbourne on a monthly basis. The course runs from 8am-4pm each day and is a 3 day course.
- This course can also be run off-site, on request of the customer. Minimum numbers do apply. Please contact one of our friendly staff should this be of interest.
A range of assessment methods are used to monitor student progress and assess competence including knowledge checks and practical skill demonstrations. Trainers are available to assist and support students in their learning journey and in the completion of assessment requirements.
$850 per person which includes a non-refundable $200 deposit