This Spotters Course in Melbourne enables participants to understand the role of the ‘Spotter’ as the safety observer to warn mobile plant operators and crane drivers of proximity to power-lines and underground assets including water, sewerage, power and communications. On successful completion of this course participants will receive a Statement of Attainment from Construction Training Group, and a ‘Spotters Electrical Safety’ course ticket issued by Energy Safe Victoria.Prerequisites:
- Attendees must be 18+ years of age to attend this course
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid (Also known as Level 2 First Aid) with current HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Operator’s ticket or certificate of competency for specific items of plant for which the spotter is required to observe.
- Participants must be able to converse and comprehend basic english. Participants will complete language, numeracy and literacy assessment on course commencement to assess their capacity to meet language requirements.
About the course – Key topics
- Legislation, regulations, codes of practice and standards including OHS requirements.
- Role, functions and duties of a spotter including pre-start job safety considerations, identification of electric apparatus and conductors, and ‘No Go Zone’ approach limit distances
- Operating characteristics of plant and equipment.
- Electrical hazards, workplace incidents and procedures to be followed in the event of contacting electrical conductors.
Training Pathway: After achieving 22325VIC Course in Workplace Spotting for Service Assets graduates may undertake RII30813 Certificate III in Civil Construction – Plant Operations.
Employment Pathway: On completing this course graduates may undertake higher duty and supervisory roles within the Construction and mining industry.
- This course is run at our Rowville training facility in Melbourne on a monthly basis. The course runs from 8am-4pm and is a one day course.
- This course can also be run off-site, on request of the customer. Minimum numbers do apply. Please contact one of our friendly staff should this be of interest.
Price: $250.00 per person